Harcourts Peninsula Properties
This policy establishes the basic rules and conditions under which an animal may be kept in a rental home managed by Harcourts Peninsula Properties. Compliance with all applicable state and federal statutes, and city ordinances is required.
Types and Number of Animals Allowed by HPP:
- Number of animals is a maximum of four (4) according to Kitsap County regulations.
- Only domesticated, common household animals allowed. No wild animals are permitted – such as birds (except those that are caged), chinchillas, ferrets, fish (in tanks 20 gallons or more without adequate insurance naming Harcourts Peninsula Properties as additional insured), iguanas, monkeys, pot-bellied pigs, rabbits, raccoons, rodents of any kind, skunks, snakes or reptiles of any kind, tarantulas, scorpions or spiders of any kind,
- The following specific breeds of dogs (or dogs mixed with these breeds) are NOT permitted: Pit Bulls (aka American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, or American Pit Bull Terriers), Mastiffs/Bull Mastiffs, Akita, Malamutes, Alaskan Malamutes, Huskies, Doberman Pinschers, Rotweillers, Chow Chows, Siberian Husky, Rhodesian Ridgebacks, wolf dog and/or wolf hybrid and Presa Canaios.
- Service Animals providing assistance, service, or support to a person with disabilities and which is needed as a reasonable accommodation to such an individual with disabilities as defined by Fair Housing laws. Service Animals count towards the maximum number of animals allowed.
Each Home Owner that we represent has the right to decide if they will accept animals. Each Pet-Friendly home is different, and may have some limitations based on the type of animal, the size of animal (height and weight) and how many are acceptable. Please make sure that you have completed the appropriate steps to have your animal approved.
To have an pet or animal approved, please:
- Please visit https://harcourtspeninsulaprop.petscreening.com
- Complete either a Houshold Pet, Assistance Animal or No Pet Or Animal application.
- Possibly Pay a non-refundable animal application fee of $100 to HP
PET/ANIMAL OWNERSHIP RULES:
- Only an approved animal with written documentation from HPP will be allowed on the premises. No substitutions. If you change animals, you must submit a new animal application and be approved. Prior approval does not guarantee a new approval. No Guest animals allowed.
- An additional refundable security deposit of $600 will be required upon approval of a pet- prior to pet living in the premises.
- The additional refundable security deposit will not be returned until the end of tenancy, regardless of how long the approved pet lives in the premises.
- The tenant shall be responsible for proper care, including but not limited to flea and odor control, yearly inoculations, and compliance with all applicable state and federal statutes, and city ordinances.
- The tenant shall keep the home, the property and the surrounding areas free of animal odors, insect infestation, waste and litter. The home must be in a sanitary condition at all times.
- The tenant shall be responsible to immediately comply with any legal notice posted by property management or tenant will be subject to cost of materials/labor for any damage caused by their pet/animal- including pick up removal of animal waste and litter.
- All Pets/Animals must be contained in an area so as not to interfere with any interior inspections or maintenance service which has been requested.
- The tenant is required to pay for any damage their pet/animal has caused. Pet/Animal Damage of any kind is NOT considered normal wear and tear. If damage cannot be satisfactorily cleaned or repaired, tenant must pay for the complete replacement of the item(s). Payment for damages, repairs, cleaning, replacement, ect. shall be due immediately upon demand.
- Tenants shall be strictly liable for the entire amount of injury to the person or property of others, caused by such pet/animal.
- Move-out: Upon move out of property, tenant shall pay for professional cleaning: de-fleaing, deodorizing, steam cleaning carpets and window treatment, and duct cleaning, regardless of how long the pet/animal occupied the premises.
Violations of this policy shall be considered a violation of a material term of the lease. Base rent will automatically increase by $250.00, to be retroactive for a maximum of twelve months of Tenant occupancy, and continue until Property Management has regained possession of the Property. Payment of this increase does not permit or imply written authorization to retain the pet/animal in question. In addition, Property Management may require immediate removal of the pet/animal or commence eviction process.